Pumpkin carving season is here! But wait! Don’t throw away the “guts” of the pumpkin just yet! You'd be throwing out a bunch of nutrients into the bin. Pumpkin Seeds are a very nutrient dense snack, incredibly delicious, and have a load of skin benefits!
This is a quick and simple recipe to get the most out of your pumpkin carving activities this year, and a healthy snack too. Remember, what we choose to eat has a direct impact on the health of our skin.
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Olive Oil
- After scraping the "guts" out of the pumpkin, separate out the seeds, set into a colander, and rinse the seeds under cold water.
- After rinsing, dry off the seeds by dabbing with a towel.
- Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle a tiny amount of Olive Oil over the seeds, stir.
- Sprinkle with Salt, stir.
- Set the oven to 300º Farenheit, spread seeds onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until seeds are slightly golden.
Want to add in some variety to this snack?
Try out these variations below. Just sprinkle on top before placing in the oven.
It is really that easy. Pumpkin Seeds make the perfect Autumn snack! Happy carving and seed snacking! Yum!
Disclaimer: Please avoid this recipe if you have any food allergies to the ingredients listed above. The information provided here is for educational purposes only. CEVARI does not make any claims to treat or cure any skin condition with any of our products. For our full disclaimer please click here.